Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Men Who Stare At Goats Movie Review

The Men Who Stare At Goats was a great funny/action packed movie. (my favorite kind) It starred Ewan McGregor, George Clooney, and Jeff Bridges. I really like McGregor and Bridges but I don't know that much about Clooney. (although he was pretty good)
The story of the movie is this: Bob Wilton(McGregor) is a journalist who has just had his wife divorce him for his editor. He flies to Iraq to get a good story while his (ex) wife thinks he's actually a soldier. while in Kuwait Bob meets Lynn Cassidy(Clooney) and remembers that a few months ago he interviewed a man who claimed to be a retired physic spy or remote viewer. the man tells him that Lyn, nicknamed "Skip" was the best of the best. while talking to Skip he sees his name tag: "Lyn Cassidy". He says "Your Lyn Cassidy.." soon thet get into a conversation about remote viewing and such. Bob asks Lyn if he could write a story about this. Lyn says absolutely not. They end up driving through the desert and Bob learns all sorts of things about "The New Earth Army Battalion" tons of crazy things happen on the way to... wherever there going. I can't tell you to much about the movie so you'll have to go see it yourself.
You can watch the trailer HERE.

My advice would be to definitely go see this movie or rent it when it comes out on dvd or blu ray (personally i think blue ray is full of shit but i remember when people were hyping DVDs. but seriously, who wants to online chat on the same sceen as the movie? whatever... I ran into a Tv guy recently though and I asked if HDTV was really that great and he said "yes." I think the pay him to say that though...)
Anyways thats all i have to say about this movie and I hope that you go see it.

Thanks.

by the way this movie is rated R for some reason, they say fuck like three times. I don't know. it could of been rated PG-13.. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment